The Las Conchitas - Rio Jicaro Area
has a current strike length of 1,500 metres
and is the longest high-grade, near-surface quartz vein structure defined on the Property to date. Grab sampling, which returned a peak assay of 4.72 ounces per ton gold and 1.7 ounces per ton silver (162.09 g/t gold and 58.3 g/t silver), was the catalyst leading to the discovery of both the Cruz Grande mine, situated at the north-east end of the trend, and the Cruz Grande vein that was exposed by trenching in 2012.
The La Fortuna Mine is presently the south-west terminus of the trend; however, Golden Reign has projected the extension of the vein structure for an additional 1 kilometre along strike, down onto the Company's El Jicaro Concession to the south. The zone remains open along strike in both directions and at depth - trenching continues.
The Las Conchitas-Rio Jicaro Area is the third of four highly prospective mineralized areas, covering 2.5 square kilometres, located approximately 1.5 kilometres south of the San Albino Gold Deposit - all of which can be extended by further trenching and offer potential for the development of significant open-pittable resources. Golden Reign plans to drill test all four mineralized areas in 2013.
Cruz Grande Vein Discovered on "Golden Mile"
Initial Drill Testing of Cruz Grande Vein
Initial Trenching of Cruz Grande Vein
- 62.96 g/t gold and 61.7 g/t silver over 3.0 metres in LC11-01
- 29.80 g/t gold and 31.7 g/t silver over 1.2 metres in LC11-02
- 36.50 g/t gold and 60.6 g/t silver over 1.0 metre in LC11-03
- 9.44 g/t gold and 17.3 g/t silver over 1.5 metres in LC11-04, including
20.64 g/t gold and 37.0 g/t silver over 0.6 metres
- 8.63 g/t gold and 3.5 g/t silver over 5.0 metres in LC11-05, including
35.70 g/t gold and 2.0 g/t silver over 1.0 metre
- 4.98 g/t gold and 8.4 g/t silver over 14.0 metres in RJ11-TR-04, and
19.05 g/t gold and 24.1 g/t silver over 2.0 metres
- 12.14 g/t gold and 28.4 g/t silver over 7.0 metres in SAM12-TR-11
- 11.43 g/t gold and 9.2 g/t silver over 4.0 metres in LC11-TR-05
- 6.91 g/t gold and 16.3 g/t silver over 3.5 metres in LC11-TR-18
- 3.52 g/t gold and 6.7 g/t silver over 7.0 metres in RJ11-TR-01
- 26.27 g/t gold and 13.1 g/t silver over 2.0 metres in LC11-TR-01, and
5.21 g/t gold and 7.3 g/t silver over 5.0 metres